Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Steak Tacos

Monday night I was in the mood for MEAT...steak...flank steak to be exact. I had mini corn tortillas at home, so steak tacos came to mind. Now, I seasoned this flank steak with salt and curry before dropping into a searing hot skillet. Tasty? Yes. Does my house STILL smell like I live above an Indian take-out joint 3 days later? Unfortunately, YES! WHAT is THAT about? Now I see why people who eat curry all the time just ooze the "aroma". Jesus...not even my Cucina Coriander and Olive Tree kitchen spray could knock it out - WTF!?

At any rate, the tacos were delish, I finished them w/ shredded lettuce and an avocado pico I threw together of cubed tomato, avocado, diced onion, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic powder. I warmed the tortilla's thru in the same pan I cooked the steak. Simple and yummy peeps - make some.

No comments:

Post a Comment