Thursday, August 27, 2009

Out of the tree of life...

...I picked me a plum...well, a whole bowl as a matter of fact!

So, across the street from where I live, on the sidewalk where I walk Frankie, I saw these mysterious, spherical, golden fruits-sprinkled about like little mini suns in the shrubbery & groundcover. A few weighted trees overhead were the culprit.

It wasn't until I saw one smooshed one day, revealing a tiny pit, & exhibiting these orangey/yellow velvety innards, that I figured out, "Hey, those are plums!". One quick whiff off the exposed flesh confirmed my assumption.

I've been told that these large marble sized beauties are called sand plums, or Mexican plums...either way, they're cute as a button & ripening on my counter. I'm collecting them on our walks each day, gonna take a whack @ plum jam! I will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment