Monday, January 4, 2010

Homemade margherita pizza last night

A few weeks ago I was stocking up during one of my Jimmy's trips, and wanted to try out their pizza dough.  They make it fresh every day, and store these lovely bundles in their freezer case.  One dough ball is enough to make a 18"-20" pizza, or like me, I make 2 smaller 10" pizzas in my Breville Smart Oven.

So I thawed a dough ball out yesterday while I went grocery shopping, and came home and made an amazing margherita pizza w/ fresh mozz, basil, and marinara sauce I made from reducing a large can of Cento crushed tomatoes (add a lil' salt, sugar, and EVOO, and let reduce for about 30 mins).

I have to say, I was pretty impressed w/ the results, and also made another version w/ turkey pepperoni - yum!  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment