Friday, January 8, 2010

A must-have book.


In Season: Cooking with Vegetables and Fruits by Sarah Raven

I had this book on my Amazon wishlist, and was so excited to get it this Christmas.  To be completely honest, I think I came by it from an Amazon suggestion, based on other books I'd gotten.  The cover struck me right away, and the fact that my friends Ben and David had just planted a garden last summer, and I'd been making trips to Akin Farm Organics, propelled me to add it to my wishlist. 

I'm glad I did...it is the most beautiful book!  It is THICK, like at least one inch, if not 1.5, and comes with 2 ribbon bookmarks sewn in - two!  That should give you an idea of how thick it is.  The contents page of the book lists the months of the year, and what fruits and veggies grow in those months.  So you can flip to any chapter month, and there are loads of recipes for the things you just brought back from the Farmers Market, or the farm!  And the photos, the photos are gorgeous!  This "cookbook" is worthy of coffee table prowess, I tell you.  Add it to your repertoire!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment