Friday, February 12, 2010

PHX-St. Francis

Thurs: We had a late dinner @ the new St. Francis restaurant. It was a really neat concept, a restaurant built around a wood fire oven, mostly constructed of raw materials like sheet metal & rough timber, contrasted by large, sleek removable glass windows & a roll-up see-thru Overhead door that let the outside in.  The building used to be an old bank, and therefore they repurposed the exposed brick of the walls, and hung things like old butcher knives and stacked clay serving pots on top of the brick oven.  Very rustic, yet streamlined at the same time.

Sorry I don't have pics of the food, my BBerry was on the charger back @ the house. Mark snapped a pic of me w/ the cute menu. I had the ahi tuna sandwich w/ garlic aioli & avocado, Mark the roasted chicken, & David the green chile pork stew w/ cornbread. But what stole the show was the creamy corn polenta I ordered at the last minute. So creamy & mellow...I will be copying it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment